I am 44 and pregnant with our first baby. My husband is 47.
I was pregnant before, but miscarried at week 9 due to a blighted ovum.
Less than 2 months later God smiled on us and we are pregnant again... which is a miracle, considering it took us a year and a half to conceive the first time.
I am now at 10 weeks and saw the baby on ultrasound today. I am happy to report that he or she is progressing nicely, and has a good strong heartbeat.
My husband already has a 19 year old daughter from his first marriage so he is kind of hoping for a boy, although we will feel blessed and thankful whatever the sex of the baby.
Stock Photo credit: chidsey
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Surviving In-vitro Fertilization: IVF Stories and Inspiration from the Women who have been there
by Karen Daniels
-- True IVF stories and inspiration from the women who have been there. In-vitro fertilization is not a journey you need to take alone.
The women in this book who share their stories, thoughts, and lessons learned, have been in the IVF trenches - some for long periods of time.
We call them the IVF veterans. They've struggled, cried, laughed, and inspired.
Let their experience guide you through the process and use their knowledge and tips as a beacon of insight for your own journey.
In-vitro fertilization is, on your best days, a journey that empowers you toward your ultimate goal of being a mom.
Paperback: 116 pages - Click to order/for more info: Surviving In-vitro Fertilization
-- Start reading Surviving In-vitro Fertilization on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!