I am 51 and my husband is 51. We just had our third girl last week with a fairly short labour and she is beautiful and healthy.
Our other two children are age 19 and 23 so this is like starting out all over. This baby was an initial surprise but we were blessed with a healthy pregnancy.
I did decide to do the amnio to ease any worry and was surprised that it wasn't painful either.
Elise Marie is a blessing and her sisters are thrilled.
Fresh papaya helps with the indigestion.
Stock Photo credit: kajrdj
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION
Making Babies the Hard Way: Living with Infertility and Treatment
by Caroline Gallup
-- A frank account of one couple's discovery that they cannot have children of their own, and their ensuing struggle through four years of fertility treatment.
One in six couples worldwide seek assistance to conceive and 80 per cent of couples undergoing fertility treatment are currently unsuccessful.
Writing with humour and honesty, Caroline Gallup describes the social, emotional, spiritual and physical impact of infertility on her and her husband, Bruce, including feelings of bereavement for the absent child, the unavoidable sense of inadequacy and the day-to-day difficulties of financial pressure.
As well as telling her own moving story, she also offers information and guidance for others who are infertile, or who are considering or undergoing treatment.
Paperback: 240 pages - Click to order/for more info: Making Babies the Hard Way
-- Start reading Making Babies the Hard Way on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!