What keeps me going are the stories like Leslie's - an "au natural" pregnancy for someone five years older than I am - she was 46 years old!!
Also Cheryl who had her daughter a few months ago at age 47 - she used Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture.
Stock Photo Credit: windchaser
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Secret Diary of a New Mum Aged 43 1/4
by Cari Rosen
-- Whatever your age, becoming a mum for the first time brings with it excitement, anxiety and numerous challenges. But how do you cope when, to top it all, you discover you are old enough to be the mother of everyone else in your NCT group?
The story of one woman, one new baby, a slipped disc and rather too many wrinkles, "The Secret Diary of a New Mum (Aged 43 1/4)" follows the tale of a midlife mum as she tries to make the transition from experienced TV producer to utterly inexperienced parent.
One in five babies is born to a mum over 35, and the number of over 40s giving birth has doubled.
The first humorous narrative account of what it's really like to be a midlife mum - whether it's deftly side-stepping any questions about age and baby number two or weeping as younger counterparts ping back into their size ten jeans within thirty seconds of giving birth - this is the thoroughly entertaining, insightful and often hilarious account of what happens as you face up to menopause and new motherhood at the same time.
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!