Dr. Nancy Kent, clinical professor at UBC's obstetrics and gynecology department, is a living example that miracles can happen.
"I might be mad but I don't regret one minute of it," Kent said of conceiving a daughter at age 47.
Stock Photo credit: jamison
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
3 Steps to Fertility
by Marina Nicholas
-- The world of in-fertility can be complex and daunting.
This book helps couples navigate the world of in-fertility treatment and tells them how they can maximize their chances of conceiving by following the three essential steps—gaining a full understanding of what conception entails, completing the necessary fertility tests at the appropriate time, and choosing the treatment that will improve their chances of having a baby.
Each in-fertile couple is unique, and what suits one couple may not suit another. Some may be more comfortable first looking into complementary therapies while others will opt for immediate in-vitro fertilization.
With detailed information on assisted conception techniques, all possible tests, and how diet, ovulation tracking, hypnotherapy, reflexology, acupuncture, and herbal medicine can improve one's chances of having a baby, this book will help all couples find the right approach for them.
It also will ensure they are both better informed and more open to all forms of treatment as they embark on their journeys to parenthood.
Click to read more
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!