I have been an RN [registered nurse] for 15 years, ten of those years was working in labour/delivery and maternity.
I have seen many women have babies in their late 30's and 40's, some with help - some without.
One of my co-workers from my last job just got pregnant at age 44.
She has two children, ages 18 and 20.
I believe any woman who has the love, willingness, maturity and selflessness to be a parent can be a great mother or father no matter what their age.
Stock Photo credit: Nota
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Infertility and Adoption: A Husband and Father's Perspective
by Roy Sokol
-- Roy Sokol offers men a chance to be heard and women a rare opportunity to view the struggle with infertility from a male perspective.
Infertility and Adoption: A Husband and Father's Perspective brings to life the frustration, anger, humor, heartbreak, and sense of helplessness and a mental philosophy learned in Marine Corps training that helps in overcoming the psychological barriers.
While miracles in technology have brought joy to new families, those very advances have placed many couples into a spiraling cycle of hope and heartbreak.
One failed attempt may lead to another, but how do you give up when there is always another doctor, another procedure holding the possibility of your dream for a family?
Roy Sokol has captured the emotional turmoil he and his wife, Elizabeth, endured as they tried to conceive, the years their lives were put on hold, and the excruciating sense of loss and finally great happiness.
He writes too of the couple's journey through the bewildering world of adoption - a path to parenthood fraught with financial, legal, and emotional risks of its own.
Paperback: 48 pages - Click to order/for more info:
Infertility and Adoption
-- Start reading Infertility and Adoption on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!