Once, I had a talk with a woman who had a 6 month old baby and she was 44!
But she had also had two children long before that. And this is what I think is key.
If you have never had a baby and try to conceive one at our age, our bodies just don't respond in the same ways they do when we're in our early reproductive years.
However, if at some point in our lives we had had a full term baby even once, our chances would have been better.
Stock Photo credit: Cylonka
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Before Your Pregnancy:
A 90-Day Guide for Couples on How to Prepare for a Healthy Conception
by Amy Ogle, Lisa Mazzullo, Mary D'Alton
-- Covering preconception and interconception (between-pregnancy) well-being for women and men, Amy Ogle and Lisa Mazzullo draw on new research from their complementary fields of expertise and reveal how good preconception health can lower the risk of pregnancy complications and improve lifelong health.
Why a ninety-day guide? It takes that long for sperm to mature, and at least that much time for the prospective mother to ensure that her body becomes pregnancy-ready.
In a warm, intelligent style, the authors address up-to-date topics such as age, heredity, vaccinations, supplements, and weight.
Paperback: 608 pages - Click to order/for more info: Before Your Pregnancy
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Before Your Pregnancy on your Kindle in under a minute!
US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!