I really am not worried about getting pregnant in my late 30's - 40's.
I went to Catholic school, and so many of my friends were "happy mistakes".
I know more than a handful whose Moms were at 42 - 43 years old when they were naturally conceived.
Additionally my first boyfriend's brother was naturally conceived when his Mom was 44 years old.
Plus my Mom's best childhood friend, a mentor of mine also and two neighbours all conceived at 40 - 45 years old naturally.
One thing I know about most of them they all were in top shape (mentally, spiritually, emotionally) led happy lives, had a good attitude, had stopped smoking or were non-smokers and were all normal weight range. (not too thin or fat)
Great site by the way!
Stock Photo credit: ugaldew
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Midlife Motherhood: A Woman-to-Woman Guide to Pregnancy and Parenting
by Jann Blackstone-Ford
-- What's a woman to do when she's facing menopause, toddlers, and elder care all at the same time?
Women who have "been there and done that" provide some insight in Midlife Motherhood.
Offering humor, warmth, and frankness, this is a hand-holding guide for the uninitiated.
What's on their minds:
• Common fears and concerns: from Down's syndrome to being too old
• Fertility challenges and what to physically expect from pregnancy
• How to juggle postpartum demands-parenting, working, caring for aging parents . . . and all at once!
• Hot flashes and warm bottles: coping with hormonal changes while caring for a new baby
Paperback: 288 pages - Click to order/for more info: Midlife Motherhood | US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!