A story of encouragement---my colleague from work was trying to cheer me up about us not getting pregnant for all this time. She told me that I was still young and to not give up.
I knew she had been trying to conceive #2 for a long time -- 9 years -- no breaks -- with some help for progesterone levels. Several miscarriages...
One month her husband said, should we just give up -- and she said, "Just one more month, then we'll give up".
And that was the month she got pregnant with her daughter, who really is the most gorgeous, charming, lovely girl I have ever met. She said that 9 years of suffering, resentment, sadness, and despair disappeared in an instant the day she saw her daughter's face.
Oh -- and the best part? She was 48 when she got pregnant!
Stock Photo Credit: marcos_bh
All Rights Reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Ready: Why Women Are Embracing The New Later Motherhood
by Elizabeth Gregory
-- Over the past three decades, skyrocketing numbers of women have chosen to start their families in their late thirties and early forties.
In 2005, ten times as many women had their first child between the ages of 35 and 39 as in 1975, and thirteen times as many had their first between 40 and 44.
Women now have the option to define for themselves when they’re ready for family, rather than sticking to a schedule set by social convention.
As a society, however, we have yet to come to terms with the phenomenon of later motherhood, and women who decide it makes sense for them to delay pregnancy often find themselves confronted with alarmist warnings about the dangers of waiting too long.
In Ready, Elizabeth Gregory tracks the burgeoning trend of new later motherhood and demonstrates that for many women today, waiting for family works best.
She provides compelling evidence of the benefits of having children later -- by birth or by adoption.
Hardcover: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: Ready
Paperback: 336 pages - Click to order/for more info: Ready
-- Start reading Ready on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!