I have several issues around all this, and luckily most of them are working out just fine.
I'm now 54, my husband is 46, so we have the younger mates issue as well, sometimes that is difficult.
The happy story is, I had a healthy wonderful baby girl at two days before my 45th birthday! She was conceived in the old fashioned way, but I did have some help and would like to share the following:
1. Acupuncture. Before Melissa was born, I had another pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. What is interesting, though, that both times I had acupuncture prior to conception (the first time NOT to conceive, although the acupuncturist said it often helps). The second time I was in China (I'm from Finland originally, and my husband is American, we now live in New Jersey), and the acupuncturist there (who also was American) had been trained by someone who specialized in this AND helping to carry baby to term.
2. So after conceiving the second time, he didn't recommend acupuncture anymore, but gave me Chinese herbs. I took them for a week and then once a week for five weeks. I had to cook them, strain them and cool them etc! I also traveled during this time back from China by air to San Francisco, then by train across America to New York, and although I was nauseous for the first three months, I had a healthy baby!
So my advice is, seek an acupuncturist who specializes in pregnancy and carrying baby to term. It was the combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbs that I believe helped me to have my wonderful birthday present, as I always call her. - Anya
Stock Photo credit: taskhill
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The New Fertility Diet Guide: Delicious Food Secrets To Help You Get Pregnant Faster At Any Age
by Niels H. Lauersen and Colette Bouchez
-- The best selling authors of "Getting Pregnant: What You Need To Know Now" share new secrets to using specific foods and food combinations to greatly enhance your chance of getting pregnant fast and easy.
Tested on hundreds of couples, this unique new natural way to increase fertility can work regardless of your age or reproductive status. Studies show it can even increase your IVF success rate!
Delicious, nutritious and easy to follow, this secret food plan works for both women and men to not only help increase fertility, but also improve overall health and encourage conception of a healthier baby!
Paperback: 184 pages - Click to order/for more info: The New Fertility Diet Guide
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The New Fertility Diet Guide on your Kindle in under a minute!
US/Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!