I am now 49 (almost) and my daughter will be 3 in March.
Got pregnant accidentally (can you believe it a woman of my age getting pregnant accidentally, oh my,) and the father only lasted about 6 months or so.
So -- single, going through menopause, with an almost 3-year old -- many tough days for sure -- would I change any single thing, no, my pregnancy was wonderful, I loved it, I love remembering it, wish I could do it again over and over.
I was perfectly healthy (and I was a smoker) and I had the healthiest smartest (of course) most beautiful baby girl, even thinking about it now I get tears in my eyes.
She has not suffered because I'm older -- there was no way I would have been the parent I am when I was younger.
Stock Photo Credit: wigginsray
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Rewinding Your Biological Clock: Motherhood Late in Life
by Richard J. Paulson M.D., Judith Sachs
-- In 1996, Dr. Richard Paulson assisted a 63-year-old woman to conceive using in vitro fertilization with a donor egg, and she became the oldest woman in the world to give birth.
This incredible example of how assisted reproductive technologies, or ART, can change the course of nature, raises tough biological, emotional, and ethical issues.
Rewinding Your Biological Clock is a unique exploration of each of these issues, especially the "how-to" of peri- and post-menopausal pregnancy.
Written by a leading fertility specialist and a health educator, this original and daring book rethinks society's most fundamental beliefs about motherhood, aging and life itself.
Paperback: 356 pages - Click to order/for more info: Rewinding Your Biological Clock
US | Canada | UK
Hardcover: 288 pages - Click to order/for more info: Rewinding Your Biological Clock
US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!