I went for peri-natologist visit the other day, and his oldest patient was 55 last year...
Now he didn’t tell me she used DE [donor egg], and I didn’t dare ask...
But either way, she had her life long dream of becoming a mommy...
Maternal drive never dies for most of us, whether we can't conceive due to high FSH [follicle stimulating hormone] or menopause..
Photo credit: Little Baby Nati, by Maciej Gauszka on freeimages.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?:
Unexplained Infertility, Miscarriage and IVF Failure - Explained
by Alan E. Beer, Julia Kantecki, Jane Reed
-- A unique book—the first of its kind. No longer do patients have to accept that their infertility is "just bad luck" and they just have to "keep on trying."
No longer should women with recurrent miscarriages have to listen to their doctor telling them that their loss was "God's will" or that they ought to be thankful because their baby was probably chromosomally abnormal.
The statistics simply do not support such claims—in fact, they show that repeated reproductive failure can be a symptom of wider health problems in the mother.
Furthermore, the root cause can be treated—not only to promote the chances of a successful pregnancy, but to improve the mother's health long-term.
Paperback: 500 pages
Click to order/for more info: Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!