I'm 44 years old, and started trying for a child just after my 42nd birthday.
First attempt, I got pregnant right away but had severe problems, baby not well (dying and with chromosomal problems).
So I had to terminate at 13 weeks. Then I got pregnant again a few months after, but I miscarried at 12 weeks.
Then, no success.
I was just about to give up, move on, etc - so I had a holiday, chilled out a bit, tried to stop it taking too much hold on my life.
Shock of my life last week after my holiday - I was feeling really strange, went off alcohol, sore boobs, funny feelings, so bought a HPT [home pregnancy test] and I'm pregnant (naturally!!!!).
Was in shock - so I'm now sat at home trying not to worry or even move too much!
Did blood test on Monday - shows very high HCG [human chorionic gonadotropin] levels, did another on Wednesday and now waiting for results.
Very worried (on doctor's computer screen - it said ABNORMAL HCG levels!), but definitely pregnant.
So yes - 43/44 years old CAN succeed in pregnancy, and I'm hoping it will go to full term!
Photo Credit: Public domain image (CC0) by Minder
Public Domain photo: Creative Commons Deed CC0 1.0
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The New Fertility Diet Guide: Delicious Food Secrets To Help You Get Pregnant Faster At Any Age
by Niels H. Lauersen and Colette Bouchez
-- The best selling authors of "Getting Pregnant: What You Need To Know Now" share new secrets to using specific foods and food combinations to greatly enhance your chance of getting pregnant fast and easy.
Tested on hundreds of couples, this unique new natural way to increase fertility can work regardless of your age or reproductive status. Studies show it can even increase your IVF success rate!
Delicious, nutritious and easy to follow, this secret food plan works for both women and men to not only help increase fertility, but also improve overall health and encourage conception of a healthier baby!
Paperback: 184 pages - Click to order/for more info: The New Fertility Diet Guide - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading The New Fertility Diet Guide on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!