I was in your situation, but I was 43 years old with unplanned and unexpected pregnancy.
I did not have a clue for seven weeks and had several instances where I was drinking alcohol.
Once I found out, I stopped drinking, and everything ended up fine.
The pregnancy was tough, and he was born premature, but he is now two years old, and it has been wonderful.
I was wondering what I was doing at 43 years old, having a baby?
I had a 14 year old at the time, and I felt I was out of my league. But I wouldn't change anything.
I have had to find a support system, and there are not that many "new moms" in their 40s. I did find a Moms Club with all ages and another mom at 43 years old who just gave birth.
Most of the women are 28 - 35 years old, but our common bond is having fun with our kids, and it has been fun.
Photo Credit: Public domain image (CC0) by Digihanger / Barrie Taylor
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
50 Things You Can Do Today to Increase Your Fertility
by Sally Lewis and Nim Barnes
-- Practical advice and a holistic approach to help you conceive, including simple dietary and lifestyle changes and do it yourself complementary therapies.
In this accessible and informative guide, Sally Lewis explains how age, sexual infections, diet, excess weight, stress, and anxiety affect fertility.
Teaching how to discover the best time for conception; understand the link between body, mind, and fertility; and manage stress and relax to prevent anxiety, this is the ultimate guide to increasing the likelihood of conception at any age.
Paperback: 128 pages - Click to order/for more info: 50 Things You Can Do Today to Increase Your Fertility - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading 50 Things You Can Do Today to Increase Your Fertility on your Kindle in under a minute! US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!