A reader sent in:
I think Eleanor of Aquitaine (Queen of England in the 1100's) had something like 8-9 (more?) kids and bore her last while in her 40's.
Life was certainly tougher in the 1100's than it is now!!!
So I did a little research and found:
Eleanor of Aquitaine was born in 1122. She married King Louis VII of France in 1137, and bore him two daughters. Their marriage was annulled on March 11, 1152 for failing to give the king a son.
She then married Henry, Duke of Normandy on May 18, 1152, when she would have been 30 years old. Over the next thirteen years, Eleanor bore Henry eight children: five sons and three daughters.
So with her youngest child, she would have been 43/44 years old.
Photo credit: Eleanor of Aquitaine, by moria / Heather Kennedy, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Marriages and Miscarriages: One Woman's Personal Experience
by Kathleen Smith
-- Kathleen Smith shares her experience regarding the three pregnancy losses she experienced.
The trials and emotional changes, the feelings experienced when being around other pregnant woman after having had a pregnancy loss, how turning to God got her through them, and more.
Kathleen, a mother of three and entering her sixteenth year of marriage, relates her personal feelings and emotions.
As you read the book you will experience a conversation with Kathleen about this topic, and learn how one woman dealt and struggled with this topic.
Paperback: 80 pages - Click to order/for more info: Marriages and Pregnancy Losses - US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Marriages and Pregnancy Losses on your Kindle in under a minute! US/Canada | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!