Here's a bit of a story:
While attending a conference in Vancouver a few years ago, I met a woman who had been born when her mother was 47 years old.
The woman I met was in her 50's, so this was long before DE [donor eggs]!
Stock Photo credit: madlyn
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Infertility Survival Handbook
by Elizabeth Swire-Falker
-- After seven years of tests and more tests, treatments and more treatments, Elizabeth Swire-Falker understands what it means to struggle with infertility.
People often ask me why I decided to write this book and why I chose to be so honest and straight-forward about what it’s like to be infertile.
The answer is simple: I was confused by the information I found on infertility treatment and I felt tremendously isolated and alone.
I was walking to my car after an acupuncture session one day and I was angry (why me?), frustrated (for every step forward it seemed we were taking two steps backward), confused (was the acupuncture really a waste of time and money?).
But most of all I was scared – was I ever going to have the baby I dreamed of and longed for?
I wandered into a bookstore hoping to find "the one book" that could help me deal with my pain and confusion.
Book after book was written by physicians who seemed to know nothing about what infertility was like for the patient (clearly these men had all impregnated their wives on the first try).
They may have explained what a Hysterosalpinogram involved, but none of the books told me how absolutely horrific it was to live through or why it’s so important to have it done.
In this frank, reassuring, and thoroughly researched handbook, Elizabeth shares her own personal experience and offers insight into what challenges to expect along the way-from getting support to finding the right doctor to dealing with insurance.
Paperback: 320 pages - Click to order/for more info: Infertility Survival Handbook
-- Start reading Infertility Survival Handbook on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!