I'm 44 years old, and due around June 23rd. The June board is full of 20-year olds and first-timers, so I don't feel very comfortable there.
My first son is 3 years old. This is my sixth pregnancy in five years. One miscarriage at 17 weeks - Trisomy 21; my son in 2003; three miscarriages at 7-8 weeks since my son was born.
This time, I saw/heard the heartbeat at 6 weeks, and never did with the 3 early miscarriages, so that is a positive.
I have only told my husband, and two good friends at work. One of the OB/gyn nurses actually asked me if I had told my son yet - at 6 weeks pregnant with my history?
Stock Photo credit: asifthebes
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception: Essential Advice on Preparing Your Body for IVF and Other Fertility Treatments
by Zita West
-- Embarking on IVF—or any assisted fertility treatment—can be a very demanding and stressful experience, but the right physical, nutritional, and emotional support can lessen these stresses and strains and increase the chances of success.
Here a leading fertility and pregnancy expert offers an in-depth explanation of all aspects of fertility and, uniquely, addresses the issues involved in using assisted conception.
She explains fertility from preconception and trying naturally to assisted conception, what is involved in the IVF process, how to prepare your body to increase the chances of conceiving successfully, the importance of a proactive approach to diet and nutrition, and how complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, can increase the chances of success.
Including interviews with leading experts in the field, case histories from patients, and the author's own holistic principles, this is an invaluable guide for the growing number of people who are considering, or have already embarked on, medical intervention to enable them to conceive.
Paperback: 500 pages - Click to order/for more info: Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception
US | Canada | UK
-- Start reading Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception [US/Canada] [UK] on your Kindle in under a minute!
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here, or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!