I've come across TONS of medical articles on the internet, "warning" women that they still need to use birth control during menopause!
Because some women DO get pregnant during menopause.
It seems odd that these same medical experts aggressively tell older women they "can't" get pregnant.
They talk out of both sides of their mouths.
It is becoming clearer to me that many older women are fertile - but society wants to make us think otherwise.
Stock Photo credit: My daughter, by Rus M on freeimages.com
All rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Belated Baby: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility
by Kelly James-Enger and Jill S. Browning
-- Infertility is a mind-set and that every woman who experiences infertility is forever changed, even when she eventually has the child she yearned for.
When many women who have gone through fertility treatments describe their experience, they say it "abused their soul."
The experience may have also hurt their relationship with their husband and sometimes permanently altered relationships with their extended families.
Studies show that even after the desperation of infertility subsides, emotional wounds still fester and an asterisk accompanies her bundle of joy.
Paperback: 242 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Belated Baby
Find on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!