I'm now 46 years old and 12 weeks pregnant - so far, so good!!
I decided to become a mother on my own, and I feel so blessed and lucky that I was able to get pregnant.
I'll be 47 years old when this baby is born, and I am looking forward to my new life and new role as mom!!
I used my own eggs with donor sperm - this was based on the fact that all my fertility tests were fairly good - Clomid to stimulate the ovaries a bit......then an Ovadril injection.
Yes, it was an IUI [Intrauterine insemination].
There's a little family medical history that may have been in my favor as well, one cousin was 48 years old when her daughter was born - she had a normal, uneventful pregnancy, she actually thought menopause had started!!
Stock Photo credit: FOOOOD, by Tauri Tuubel, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
What Every Woman Should Know About Fertility and Her Biological Clock
by Cara Birrittieri
-- Until now, there has been little practical advice on what women can do about ticking biological clocks.
What Every Woman Should Know About Her Biological Clock is the first book to explore a woman's reproductive life span completely, from beginning to end.
Based on Cara Birrittieri's own experience of running up against a slowing biological clock, she shows women for the first time how to
tell what time it iswith a simple blood test that gives them a peek at the state of their ovaries.
Paperback: 224 pages
Click to order/for more info: What Every Woman Should Know About Fertility and Her Biological Clock
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!