I've known kids with younger parents - one of my friends and my husband's niece had children at 16/17 years old.
Older parents - some of my first cousins are my daughter's age - my aunts/uncles were in their late 40's having them.
And being raised by grandparents.
When the kids are young, all their parents seem old to them - regardless of actual age.
When they are old enough to get the difference, they found them embarrassing for other reasons.
Although, in my experience, the teenage children of parents who had them really young are more embarrassed than those with older parents.
Stock Photo credit: Hangin' with Grandpa and Grandma, by Jessica Merz, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
INFERTILITY Road to Hell and Back
by Azelene Williams
-- I love being a woman. To me it is a privilege and there is nothing more satisfying.
I appreciate being honoured and cherished for my femininity - for after all, I am the potential mother of the next generation.
I value my fertility, value the gift of being able to carry a child and become a mother. To me this is the very essence of being a women.
The children we bring into the world are small replicas of ourselves and our husbands; the pride and joy of grandfathers and grandmothers. We dream of being mothers and for most of us these dreams are realized naturally. For this is the Miracle of Life.
But - what about when that longed for baby never happens? When you realize that something is wrong and turn to professionals for help. Tests are done; treatments tried without success.
You traipse from one doctor to the next; resulting in more disappointment and fading hope. Your dream is shattered and the heartache is painful; almost unbearable. What is wrong with you? Is it your fault?
How are you lacking? Why? The questions are still desperately being asked.............but there are no answers. Slowly your conviction grows that your entirety as a woman is incomplete.
I am a woman and this is my story..............
Paperback: 228 pages
Click to order/for more info: INFERTILITY Road to Hell and Back
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!