I know of two people who were
change of life babies, my mother is one of them. She was the unexpected last of nine children.
The other is the youngest of only three children, but there are 25 years between her and her other siblings.
When I first met their family at church, I thought that her sister was her mother and her mother was her grandmother!
My mother is in her mid-50's, and is barely going through menopause, I'm sure it was possible for her to get pregnant when she was 50.
Photo credit: Cutting the pies and cakes at the barbeque dinner, Pie Town, New Mexico Fair (LOC), Photographer: The Library of Congress
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Baby Chase: An Adventure in Fertility
by Holly Finn
I’m not over 40 and childless for no reason,writes Holly Finn.
I smoked in my twenties. I preferred red wine to sparkling water. I ate too much milk chocolate. I liked limericks. I know all the wrong I’ve done. But also, more than any of that, I’ve always longed for children.
Yet there she was: successful, social, mostly happy, and not a mother. Knowing that her chances of becoming pregnant naturally were quickly fading, Finn decided to gamble: she—like some 85,000 other women in the U.S. each year—would attempt in vitro fertilization.
Almost three years later, she’s still trying, and in the process has become an accidental pioneer (and, at times, a guinea pig) in the ever-evolving science of IVF.
Length: 50 pages
Start reading The Baby Chase on your Kindle in under a minute!
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
Don't have a Kindle?
Get your Kindle here: US | Canada | UK , or download a FREE Kindle Reading App.
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!