This will be my first baby - at 45 years old.
I was five days late, and thought it was the onset of menopause. I was pretty upset about it.
I had an old pregnancy test, and got two lines on the results.
Well, I didn't have the instructions, so I wasn't sure if I was pregnant.
Found another test... it was positive, but expired.
Then I bought two more tests, they were both positive.
I have a doctor appointment on the sixth of next month, as I'm high risk.
I am concerned because I had a miscarriage when I was 40 years old, at 10 weeks.
I was just going to make an appointment for fertility testing, so I was pretty surprised when the tests came up positive.
I just can't bear thinking about another miscarriage.
My boyfriend isn't thrilled that I'm pregnant either.
I am trying to be positive, but I've only told my sister so far.
I told everyone last time, and it was really hard when I had the miscarriage.
I'm praying and hoping for the best.
I think this is my last chance.
Stock Photo credit: Nicky having fun, by misocrazy, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
The Fertile Female: How the Power of Longing for a Child Can Save Your Life and Change the World
by Julia Indichova
-- Written by an author whose expertise grew from an extensive counseling practice as well as personal experience.
The Fertile Female offers a hope-filled view of reproductive difficulties, with a deeper understanding of the often-confusing messages of mind-body and alternative medicine.
With an engaging mix of passion and humor the book initiates a public debate on the politics of infertility and its effect on our health care system.
Includes practice exercises and a section on dietary recommendations, complete with recipes.
Hardcover: 249 pages
Click to order/for more info: The Fertile Female
Find it on Amazon: US | Canada | UK
• Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+, follow our pins on Pinterest.
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
• My Frugal Baby Tips: Taking care of baby and mom needs naturally, does not have to cost a whole lot of money!
More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!